About the Oboz Trail Experience
Oboz Footwear, Whole Earth Provision Co. and Hill Country Conservancy are inviting you to complete as many of Austin's selected trails as you can in one month. This Experience is designed for you to re-discover your favorite trails, learn about new or lesser-known trails, push your limits, and recreate locally! You’ll also have the chance to compete against local legends, your peers, or yourself if that’s more your style.
The Oboz Trail Experience: Austin is open to walkers, hikers, runners, and ADA mobility devices. It’s free to register and sign-up is easy.
Registration opens September 1st, with the Experience running from October 1st to October 31st. All participants will receive various swag from Oboz Footwear, Whole Earth Provision Co. and Hill Country Conservancy. Unlock other rewards by completing Promoted Trails and everyone who completes even just one trail will be entered to win one of five pairs of Oboz shoes at the end of the Experience! The more trails you complete, the more entries you'll receive!
- October 1 - Oboz Trail Experience Begins
- October 21 - Lady Bird Lake Cleanup and Hike with Keep Austin Beautiful. 9-11am (Register Here to attend)
- The cleanup is on the Lady Bird Lake Trail loop, so a good opportunity to volunteer and then complete the Lady Bird Lake Trail afterwards!
- October 31 - Last Day of the Oboz Trail Experience
- November 5 - After-Party! 4-6PM, Whole Earth Provision Co. North Lamar location (Register Here to attend)
Participating is a Few Clicks Away and Registration is Free
1. Create an account with Terrain Scouts.
2. Register for the Oboz Trail Experience.
3. Link an Activity Tracking account to the challenge (don’t worry, there are several free tracking options! You’ll be able to create one if you don’t already have one).
4. If you are using an Activity Tracking app on your phone, be sure it is downloaded and that you are logged on. Better yet, go test it out and make sure you know how to start, end, and save your activities!
Registration Tutorial Video (2:06)
Engage With Your Trail Community
Join the Oboz Trail Experience: Austin Facebook group to connect with others, share pictures from the trail, talk about your trail experiences, and receive Oboz Trail Experience updates.
Please remember to always respect our local Austin trails. Refer to Leave No Trace Principles, take only pictures, leave only footprints, and pick up any litter you find along the way.
Oboz Footwear and Whole Earth Provision Co. have come together to commit up to $500 to Hill Country Conservancy. If you would also like to support their organization and the work they do, please click here. Thank you!
About Whole Earth Provision Co.
Whole Earth is a family owned, homegrown Texas original with six stores in four cities and an online store. For 50 years they've been outfitting Texans for everyday living and adventures near and far.
About Hill Country Conservancy
Hill Country Conservancy is a nonprofit land trust with a mission to preserve vital natural resources in Central Texas through conservation and community partnerships, and part of that mission is realized through the creation of the Violet Crown Trail. Currently stretching 13 miles from Zilker Park to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, the trail will eventually extend into Hays County, providing a unique 30-mile trail experience through both wild and urban spaces. Click here to support the Violet Crown Trail and Hill Country Conservancy’s vital conservation work.